If you’re passionate about helping us raise awareness of Lyme disease and have a little time to spare, you can help us to spread the word in your local community and educate family, friends and the general public on Lyme disease prevention and recognition.
We also need help from people who may be willing to organise fundraising events or arrange a fundraising collection in their local area.
Volunteering can be a fantastic way to:
- Build and develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Increase your self confidence and sense of well-being
- Give back to causes you care about
- Enhance your CV
What volunteer roles do you have at Caudwell LymeCo?
We need volunteers that would be willing to:
- Deliver our free Lyme awareness talks in their local communities
- Contact your local organisations such as schools, Scout and Guides groups, outdoor centres and walking groups, to promote our awareness talks and materials.
- Hand out our information leaflets about Lyme disease and the work of our charity.
- Attend fayres, fetes, and other community events to help raise awareness of the disease and how to keep safe.
- Organise small fundraising events – coffee mornings, Lymewalks etc
- Take on fundraising challenges to raise money towards our research fund
- Source opportunities/locations for us to place our collection boxes
You will be provided with any relevant training you might need to deliver our talks or attend events on our behalf.
You’ll also get your own Caudwell LymeCo t-shirt, access to a key worker at the charity, and we’d be happy to provide you things such as a reference, if required.
As a small charity, our volunteers are essential in order for us to have a presence in communities across the UK, and we’re extremely grateful for the support and dedication of our current members.
Please consider joining us and helping those around you to be better aware of Lyme disease.
For more information, please contact Rosie Milsom, Fundraising & Communications Manager, on 01630 620523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.